Hey, Woonsocket; today is National Cheese Doodle Day! We’re catching up with you all to start this Saturday, March 5 on an enlightened note. For example, today’s cheap gasoline tip is Shell at 1030 Social Street at $3.65 a gallon.
A new radio contest start. Also Woonsocket Health Equity Zone got a grant. Finally, two local priests said the opening prayer at home RI.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partially sunny. Top: 43 Bottom: 34.
Here are today’s top five stories at Woonsocket:
- Bay status open – Doubles Over/Under at Walnut Hill Bowl (9:30 a.m.)
- 40th St. Patrick’s Day Parade at Pawtucket Downtown Historic District (12:00 PM)
- Patrick’s pub 30th anniversary celebration (3 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
- Principal Chief Scott DeCoste Memorial Fundraising for scholarships at the St Joseph Veterans Association (6:30 p.m.)
- Red pepper pipers at the Stade Theater (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- the Rhode Island Board of Public Expenditures The March newsletter hit inboxes this morning! Learn more about our recent work, including an analysis of state and local RI finances and property tax reform at the General Assembly. (Facebook)
Do you like the Woonsocket Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow with another update.
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran has been working in sunny Southern California and writing freelance full-time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), embraces social justice and try to live Micah 6:8.